Return to the Ratropolis website. Like us on Facebook.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Cages

We had to make all new Christmas hammocks this year because our old sets were shredded and unsalvageable. This year, we went with all flannel prints. We needed three sets of hammocks - one for the CN, one for the Martin's, and one for when another set was in the wash.

I decided on three different prints - one for each set. The first, a basic red, white, and green pattern that was bright and modern. The second, a red and white candy cane design. The third, a more traditional old-fashioned gingerbread design.

I was worried that I wouldn't get them done on time, but yesterday, I finished off the last of the three sets, and today, both cages are decked out in holiday style.

Red, Green, and White Christmas
(this set was the first finished and was up last week):

 
The Gingerbread Cage

 
The Candy Cane Cage
(and Loki, looking out the door, wondering when Santa will be here)

 
 

The only thing special that I made this year was a new stocking for the ratties. I still have not mastered the art of making stockings, but this will do for this year.

I didn't do any special cage decorating this year - I just didn't have time to come up with ideas. I was too focused on getting the hammocks made. Hopefully, next year, we can think about some original decorating ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Almost certainly it will be exceptionally valuable for my future tasks. Might want to see some different posts on a similar subject!
    best guinea pig cage

    ReplyDelete